Reading the signs of the time and needs of the people the CMI missionaries under the leadership of Rev. Fr. John Berchmans Kureeckal cmi of S.H Province Kalamassery, reached Karnataka in N.R Pura and started the Mysore mission in the year 1954. This mission under the title "Mysore Region" was formally entrusted to the Sacred Heart province, Kalamassery as its ‘Mission’ by the Rescript (Proto No. 586/59) from the Vatican on 8 May, 1959. The formal erection of the region was in the year 1965. Rev. Fr. Cyprian Vithayathil was appointed as the first Regional Superior with the mission head - quarters at Gonikoppal, South Coorg. Rev. Fr. Regulus, Rev. Fr. Barnabas and Rev. Fr. Frederick were his successors as Regional Superiors.
No members in database